About Me

I like to make people laugh. I believe above all things, laughter by far is the best medicine. If you can make someone laugh and see them smile, then you have done something good. God is my Rock and Jesus is my Savior.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Gone

I am sitting here in my green recliner chair thingy, that I got for free from a good friend at church. I'm listening to some Switchfoot. Great band.

These lyrics just played.
"Gone, like Frank Sinatra. Like Elvis and his Mom. Like Al Pacino's cash. Nothing lasts in this life."

I don't know why they decided to use Frank Sinatra or even Elvis's mom for that matter, but it makes complete sense. Nothing really matters in this life. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Yeah, God gives us things to enjoy, but he also defines these things as idols if they become "priorities." All the things we put our focus on do not do us a bit of good. Focusing on the Master is what's good. And that, my friend, is life!

If we believe he can give life, and that we are living, then we must begin to live. Going through our every day routine while doing nothing to show God we are alive, is well, technically being dead.

Help a stranger. Love your neighbor. Give to those who can't give back. And trust in God, the one who created trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment